How cool is this! I received a notification on my last post from another blogger at Life as I interpret it about this thing called the Liebster Award and they felt led to nominate my blog (along with others) in connection with their interest in Cancer.
So… Mr Google and I were curious- hoax? or a genuine avenue to connect bloggers with like interests. I vote for the latter.
My take on the Liebster Award? It’s sort of like a Pay it Forward for the blogging community to encourage connections sprinkled with a condensed insight to what each blogger is about on a particular subject of interest…sounds pretty cool to me! If you’d like to learn more, just ask Mr Google
Oh yeah….and apparently there are the rules, which I sorta followed – not exactly sure how many followers each blogger has and since I ask questions with a bit of meat on them, I stopped at 5. The most exciting part? I seized the opportunity to explore and expand blog readings!
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
For this award, I have chosen to nominate the following bloggers, who share their faith openly and authentically…as a gal on the journey of faith, I enjoy reading how mightily God works in and through the lives of willing vessels.
I nominate the following bloggers/websites – I pray they are each open to the idea of a nomination and willing to share their thoughts.
- New Life
- The Devotion Cafe’
- A Way With Words
- Susan Irene Fox
- Full of Roses Inspirationals
- Where Grace Abounds
- faith, “sigh”, and diy
- The Mark
- Headed for Home
- stones from the quarry
Questions to nominees:
- What prompted you to start writing/blogging/journaling?
- Tell me about an influential person in your journey of faith.
- What is one (or more!) example of how God has shown His faithfulness to you?
- Tell me how a prophet in the Old Testament dramatically impacted your relationship with God.
- What is your take on the decline of religious freedom in the US?
Answers to questions by Life as I interpret it are:
1. How do you feel about connecting to others going through cancer in the social media? I think it’s an excellent way to encourage/minister to others.
2. Do you think connecting to other cancer patients would be useful in supporting you and them while going through the disease? Yes. Now that I’m past the initial numb phase.
3. What are the words, sentences, or questions you think are appropriate to hear from others when they first learn one has cancer? Gosh…that’s tough! Honestly, I think listening is key – the one thing I’d say is definitely is not a great comment? “If there’s anything I can do, let me know” – I realize it comes from a good place (I’ve said the same thing countless times!), but RARELY will the individual ask for help.
4. Do you have care-givers? or Are you a care-giver? My two primary go-to gals are my daughter and my oldest sister – they are AWESOME! I’ve been a care-giver in the past so it’s easier to be aware of compassion fatigue in those providing care!
5. What kind of support would you like from cancer-related organizations and the government? It really does take a village in these situations, so family – friends – neighbors – churches, etc. is critical.
6. Do you think you sharing your experiences in the social media help others going through similar experiences? It’s quite possible – it’s easy to feel alone with cancer and any type of life altering diagnosis can be overwhelming.
7. What is your favourite book? TV show? Each book I read is my current favorite – right now? Kyle Idelman’s “Not a Fan” is rocking my world!
8. What is your favourite season? Fall in East Texas – humidity is low, fires are burning, and the air is crisp!
9. What is your favourite breakfast? My indulgent breakfast (once every few years) is coffee & pumpkin cheesecake – yum!
10. Do you have artistic creations, such as poems, stories, drawings, paintings, and hand-crafting? I like to doodle Scripture and I LOVE taking photos of trees!
11. Is there something you would like to share about your experience with cancer? Yes! It’s deepened my relationship with God – He is the answer to cancer – He is my Healer!