Week 6 – Dare days 18 – 21… yes, this is another really good week!
This week we take a look at how Love
- Seeks to Understand – how do we gain wisdom, discernment, and deepen our trust in God?
- is Impossible – we will take a look at the distinct difference is manufactured vs God given love
- is Jesus Christ – the daily realization of just how desperately we need a Savior
- is Satisfied in God – how do we ensure daily time in His Word to stimulate growth?
My Love Dare with God – week 6
Week 5 – Dare days 14 – 17… I realize I mention this each week, but this is a really good week!
This week we take a look at how Love
- Takes Delight – we will explore how some areas can mean relearning some of the ways we express our love for God, which will open us to a truer love
- is Honorable – how do we express a willingness and develop holy habits to sacrifice for God on a daily basis?
- Intercedes – how do we become “wise farmers” and care for the soil of our lives so that seeds planted will reap a harvest in God’s timing; and
- Promotes Intimacy – how do we love well by accepting ourselves and others as God accepts us
My Love Dare – week 5
Can you believe it??? Week 4 already???? Hallelujah! You’re still here!!!! If you’re anything like me, it may be getting tough continuing to commit the time to fully immerse yourself in this study – one thing is for certain – you are not alone!
Hang in there – continue to strive for balance…don’t rush through to check this off your to-do list, but try not to drop it all together – a fine balance to say the least! Remember, I’m the person who took 12 months to complete a 12 week study!!!! Keep asking God to stir your heart to know Him more intimately and trust in His timing.
This week we’ll be looking at:
- how we express our love for God through Cherishing our relationship with Him and others
- avoiding the trap of insisting on having things “our” way and showing God and others we value Him/them by seeking their needs first
- fighting fair – establishing and exercising me boundaries to build bridges instead of burning them
My prayer is consistently for you to thrive in this study and allowing God to grow your relationship with Him to new depths!
My one word this year is FOCUS! Something I often need desperately… my mind has a tendency to flit from one thing to the next… and most often, I totally forget the thing I started out doing…. sound familiar?
This morning was no exception… often the week post-injections is kinda iffy; the medication designed to help strengthen my bones increases bone pain, and the meds focused on starving cancer cells leaves me feeling achy and just plain yucky… it’s like a see-saw – one day I think, “woohoo! I’m over the hump!” and the next day is “dang…not so fast…” Today is a “dang…not so fast” kinda day… unfortunate, because I REALLY wanted to go to church, but knowing if I push myself, then my body rebels in a not so nice way… so here I am… in bed… fighting away resentment…
Oh yeah… back to the focus (or lack thereof!)… my NUMBER ONE task – objective – goal…call it what you will… is to ensure the bible study is ready to start at the end of this month… and I am overwhelmed at times with the “what were you thinking????” thoughts. So what do I do? ANYTHING but focus on the task at hand!
Example? Well, other than writing this post? Oh…the thing that prompted to me write this post??? Bible tabs. Yeah…innocent enough, right? I bought a new interleaved Bible for art journaling this year and it needed tabs… as in yesterday…. never mind I’m not ready to start working in the new Bible… it was tab-less… sure, I could buy tabs… but no, I must make them… with cute paper and my tab punch and handwrite each of the sixty-six books… which led me down another rabbit hole… I have sooooooo much to learn!!!!
A seemingly simple task churned up more insecurities…. I know so little about God’s Word!!! My thoughts immediately jumped to planning out a better reading plan…and maybe I need to do a certain study….. and….. and…. and….
And I started writing a post, which has brought me to this: FOCUS!!! But I can’t truly focus on the job God assigned to me until I surrender everything else to HIM…. yeah… that thing – surrender…. you see God most often speaks to and through me with writing…. I rarely know where I’m going until finally He says…”see????” and my heart smiles wider than the Grand Canyon!
What is God trying to tell you today???? You aren’t where you are at this very moment by accident… just like for me, today started as a “dang…not so fast” day and it wasn’t so much about what I didn’t get to do, but definitely about what He needed to teach me. He’s got a plan for every.single.minute. and it’s incredible!